Monday, June 4, 2012

Maybe i'll stick to the Elliptical whilst watching Chopped... way more normal

Why can I not decide if I like all of the alternate exercise programs that are offered nowadays. Now that we don't technically HAVE to run or cycle to stay in shape I find myself torn between the cardio floor and the pilates/zumba (etc.) classes. Every time I am exposed to another type of movement whether it is yoga, NIA or whatever.. I just feel.. shall we say stupid? Tonight I went to a NIA class. I'm not sure what makes me feel stupider, doing the movement which (as some of you read on my Facebook status) involved a routine called "diva" and a fist pump whilst shouting "YES!" ...or... the fact that I seemed to be the only one who cared what I must look like. Perhaps a bird in the body of an ape with the co ordination of a fish? 
Maybe I have just become a snob because of all the dance i have done (hear that? "all that dance i have done".. gosh) or maybe it really is stupid and someone just decided that this kind of workout is "fun." For who?! May I ask. 
And yet.. like i said, i am drawn to this kind of thing. My life is constantly leading down that path. I'm not vegan but i happen to not like meat. I don't meditate but I do have a huuuuuge interest and love for massage. But when i meet these people (who are always so lovely and so interesting!) they seem to have taken on ALL of these things. yoga, vegan, somewhat strange choices with fashion.. no judgment. 
I could be completely wrong. And i also could be about 3 years from this lifestyle myself. You tell me. I keep expecting to just fall in love with at least one of these workout programs, I expect it to just make sense and my body just does it. But so far.. my brain can't take it. I always feel pretty good after, i mean getting your heart rate up is good whatever you do. But either I lose concentration, get bored or start laughing. But who knows... 

Anyway...Rant over. Tomorrow I officially try Zumba. I have avoided it long enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment