Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Reverse Bucket List

So i've never made a bucket list because I get scared that I will disappoint myself and not do everything on it. But I saw this idea online that you make a reverse bucket list. Basically listing everything that you deem 'bucketlistworthy' (awards, incredible stories, memories, people you have met, friends and family etc.) It was a fun idea so I thought I'd try it. But sad to report that I still not managed to conquer my fear of wax figures. And honestly, I don't think I ever will. But I have done other things that I hope make up for my lack of courage with the whole wax figure thing. Here we go..


  • Played in an orchestra
  • Conducted a choir
  • Went jet skiing
  • Sang and played in a band
  • Managed to confront my problems head on and stopped biting my nails! (this goes up and down like a yo-yo)
  • Conquered my fear of roller coasters to a reasonable level by literally looking death in the eye at the top of Oblivion at Alton Towers. Still will never set foot on Pepsi Max in Blackpool though.
  • Danced in pointe shoes
  • Went to EFY
  • Became an EFY counsellor
  • Received 3 scholarships
  • Achieved 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and everything below in both song and danceMade and kept an unbeatable group of friends in high school. Still not sure how I managed that one, has to be one of my proudest achievements.
  • Learned to Salsa dance at a salsa club
  • Completed all grades in RAD ballet
  • Met Lea Salonga
  • Went scuba diving
  • Travelled all over the USA after visiting for the first time when I was 17
  • On the same thread.. Flown first/business class (courtesy of my dear friend Tiffanie)
  • Dressed up for a midnight showing. (Hunger games- katniss lookalike, people ask for pictures with me. Amazing)
  • Visited NYC, London, Edinburgh, San Francisco, LA, Las Vegas, Washington DC and the wonderful Nauvoo, Illinois (yes I did just put that in the same list)
  • Got all 9 GCSE's and 3 A Levels 
  • Somehow landed a spot in the MDT program at BYU. Never going to understand that one but eternally grateful.
  • Served a jewelry thief. Stole the bracelet right from under my nose. 
  • Broke both my big toes at the same time. 
  • Saw Idina Menzel as Elphaba in the West End
  • Accidentally stumbled upon the Glee concert movie premiere and received free tickets to watch inside.
  • Saw the Yankees play. First and last baseball game.
  • Saw Vocal Point, met the guys and got serenaded on the actual stage. Amazing, and actual dream of mine. Shared with Rachel Gover.
  • Lost my engagement ring and never found it. NEVER. (only reason this is on the list is it makes a good story)
  • Married my best friend, witnessed by some of my family who surprised me by showing up just a few days before.
  • Sang on the Palace Theater Stage in Manchester
  • Watched my mum trip and fall into a pile of snow
  • Had a four pack (not quite a six pack). Once. 
  • Had a stroke. (It counts as an achievement because I'm fully recovered)
  • Learned how to belt. At some point. I think.
  • Worked as a waitress
  • Fired a hand gun
  • Fell in love with and starred in Light in the Piazza twice.
  • Slapped Kate Bailey. Many times.
  • Learned basic floral design.
  • Caught a fish!
  • Gave up chocolate for a year. (Jan 1st- midnight Dec 31st)
  • Graduated with a BFA in Music Dance Theater
  • Read all the Harry Potter books (pre-ordering books 4-7)
  • Hiked Snowdon and Angels Landing more than once. Still not sure how or why I did it again.
  • Never had a hamburger
  • Finally got my ears pierced at the age of 21
  • Learned how to cook!
  • Been to Disney Land, Paris, Disney land, CA and Disney World, Orlando
  • Learned to hula hoop till the sun goes down
  • Learned to play pool and snooker
  • Learned how to knit (and since forgotten)
  • Shopped at Harrods
  • Seen a broadway show
  • Seen Justin Timberlake, S Club 7 and Damien Rice in concert (strange selection)


Bring on the next 22 years! Who knows what will be added to this by then?!






4 comments:

  1. I don't think I remembered you hating the baseball game so much that you never planned to go to another one. Ouch! What did we do?! Well, aside from that: I'm glad I know the stories behind quite a few of the things on that list. Well done! It's been a wonderful life, so far-for sure!!!

    oh, and PS-Yes, Nauvoo, IL totally deserves to be in that list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i didn't hate it! its just the last to date.

      Delete
  2. I love everything about this post. I am literally in tears because your list of top achievements in your life includes seeing your mom trip into a big pile of snow... can't stop... I am going to pee my pants.

    ReplyDelete