Sunday, June 10, 2012

I just really love having nails

Anyone who knows me even slightly knows I have always struggled with my nails. I bite like no other. However, I have grown them out to a reasonable length now and again over the years and yet I still end up back where I started with short stubby nails that get barely a minute to grow before I tear off the tops to reveal the lovely pink swollen skin underneath. I say it that graphically because it really is a disgusting habit. I know that. I have known it for a long long time.
Today I find myself in a false sense of pride, my nails have made it to the ends of my fingers and i have actually trimmed them a couple of times. But this time I will not let myself get too wrapped up in my pride before tearing a nail and ripping them all off in frustration. This time I will stay the steady course! I will take the time to care for my nails and as vain as that is I have to!
So, in an attempt to turn my awful habit around I have developed an obsession with painting my nails and playing around with fun ideas and designs. (For those of you who couldn't care less just thank your lucky stars you only have to suffer through one post. There are whole sites dedicated to JUST nails)

So, here I am facing my fear and putting pictures of my nails online for the whole world to see. Hopefully it will serve as a reminder that I can do this! And also.. nail art is pretty flipping fun.
My wonderful grandma would be so proud .. excel the fact that I'm certain she would not approve of the heinous colors I like to use. But bright and colorful is fashionable right now!




No comments:

Post a Comment