Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The animals came in two by two ... hurrah hurrah

When  I told my mum that my husband and I were going to the zoo she said, "With who?" After saying, "Just us" the thought dawned on me that maybe i should be embarrassed by that. The truth is, we LOVE the zoo and aquariums and stuff like that. Why do you need to be under the age of twenty-five to enjoy it?
We went to the Denver zoo and wow did they have everything! My favorite things were probably the bears. They had brown black and play bears. I don't think that I have seen any of those before. They also had comodo dragons and sloths! I may die if i ever see a sloth up close. If anyone ever wants to see me hyperventilate just bring me a slow loris. I will die.

So apparently polar bears are HUGE.



Also they had these cute birds that fly around you and you can feed them. They were gorgeous.



So anyone within reasonable distance of Denver I strongly recommend this zoo. They have a new section opening this weekend with Elephants and lots of other things to see. They make a special effort to keep the animals happy and protected and they do a really good job of keeping up to date with everything. For example, every time I've been to a zoo there is only ever about 75% of the animals in the space where they are supposed to be. For some reason the Tigers are NEVER there. Its like zoos just like to say they have tigers but they actually don't and everyone believes that they just came on the wrong day or something. 

But this zoo...


Ta Da! Anytime we couldn't find the animal in the field there was a sign that said "currently relocated" or something like that. Thank you Denver Zoo you have successfully gained two new fans.




No comments:

Post a Comment