Friday, May 25, 2012

I am so proud!

When I see successful hollywood actors that I recognize from the Australian soaps I grew up on I feel a very odd emotion. Pride. Like I grew up with them and watched them blossom or something. The most recent has been Chris Hemsworth from the Australian soap "Home and Away." Maybe what makes it most enjoyable is the fact that no one here in America shares this feeling, however everyone who watched that show in England does and I would no longer feel special.
But Chris Hemsworth was nice guy Kim in Home and Away. Now he's in everything!


There's also Holly Valance who was in the Australian soap "Neighbors." Then I saw her in "Taken" and "Prison Break", yay Holly!



I could go on forever (Liam Hemsworth, Isla Fisher and Simon Baker) but this last one cracks me up the most because Ryan Kwanten used to be the crazy guy Vinnie that everyone made fun of on "Home and Away." 


Now he's going for this look!



I realize that 'claiming' Australia is a really backwards idea considering how stupid I make people feel for assuming we're the same country even though we are opposite sides of the world. But.. just this one time, I will break my rule. 



No comments:

Post a Comment